I’ve been waiting ages to review this product because I love it. It’s silicone, it’s all natural, and it’s by WET. What’s not to love?
The WET Naturals line is a truly great group of lubes. Their Beautifully Bare is one of the few water-based lubes out there that not only works spectacularly, but is glycerin and paraben-free. Even their flavored Sensual Strawberry is glycerin and paraben-free, meaning it’s one of the few vagina-safe flavored lubes on the market. And unlike other glycerin and paraben-free lubes (looking at you, Astroglide), these lubes don’t use other just-as-bad fillers to replace glycerin and parabens.
Silky Supreme is no different. If you love silicone lubes and you have sensitive skin, this lube is going to rock your world. It goes on like water, but it gives you that wonderful, long-lasting feeling that you’ve grown accustomed to with silicone.
To relieve some of the scariness of the ingredients listed on the label, I decided to take a look into each one and figure out exactly what it was that made this lube so heavenly.
- Cyclopentasiloxane: A form of liquid silicone found in many different beauty products including sunblock, hair conditioner, and deodorants. It works as an emollient, which softens the skin so that it doesn’t feel tacky once the lube dries.
- Dimethiconol: Another silicone emollient, which adds to the silky feeling of the lube. Also repels water.
- Cyclomethicone: A body-safe silicone agent which also helps with the silky, soft feeling of the lube.
- Phenyl Trimethicone: Another form of silicone which most often is used to prevent a foam from forming when a silicone liquid is shaken. This is another ingredient very commonly found in hair and skin care products.
- Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E Acetate): Vitamin E mixed with acetic acid. The acid helps keep the vitamin E longer, but in some people, a reaction to the acetic acid can cause dermatitis. If anything’s going to bother you in this bottle, it’ll be this. If you have sensitive skin (like me), you may want to try a sample first before committing to a bottle.
Even with my sensitive skin, I found this lube to be very unobtrusive and it even helped my perpetually dry skin feel soft and unirritated. It could be that the amount of tocopheryl acetate is simply too small to make a big difference, or it could be that I don’t have a problem with that particular ingredient. Who knows? If you react to other lubes, I’d still recommend giving this one a try. It could be your miracle solution.
Since this lube is made with silicone, it’s one of our recommended brands for using during anal sex. Pair it with any condom you’d like, and this lube will stay safe, slick, and on it for the length of your love-making. Just keep it away from toys listed as silicone if you’re not sure that they’re 100% silicone. When in doubt, do a spot test. Not sure how to do a spot test?
And one final thing I really liked about this lube? Normally, it’s a gigantic hassle to get lube out of my bedsheets, especially if it’s silicone. And you know your girl likes to use lots and lots of lube, meaning all over the sheets. Well, that was not the case with Silky Supreme. I simply sprayed some toy cleaner on it (Pjur Med Clean, to be exact) and threw them in the wash. All my stains (and worries) vanished in a simple load of laundry. How about that?
I love WET Silky Supreme. It’s silky, and it doesn’t bug my crazy sensitive skin. It’s everything I want in a lube, and it’s all natural.